GMS SLT (SuperLightTrack) Forged Wheels- 4C
GMS SLT (SuperLightTrack) forged wheels
Email or call to order
GMS SLT (SuperLightTrack) forged wheels are designed with a purpose of winning races. They are superlight, they are strong and they provide additional brake cooling effect to the brake rotors. The wheels are made out of T6-6061 forging and come in a shape of state of art monoblock, 10 spoke Y-design, hollowed forged wheel.
This state of art wheels come in recommended size of 17x7.5 ET28 @ 6.9kg and 18x9.0 ET35 7.4kg for raw, unpainted wheels. The wheel load rating of a single wheel is 620kg (able to withstand 2G of lateral forces on a 4C). Custom sizing (diameter, width and ET), custom RAL colors and aluminum CNC billet center caps are available as an option, so lots of personalized options are available for those who like to stand out of the crowd. PCD is standard 4C, 5 x 98mm.
The wheel fabrication starts by CAD designing of the wheel (Wheel diameter, ET, PCD, CB, the cooling effect on the rotors and finally the looks) and then the blacksmith art steps in. The fabrication of the wheel starts with forging about 40kg of T6-6061 alloy, forming it in to a forged, monoblock wheel blank. We forge it to gain better material properties (less porosity, better structural density), which means we can use about 25% percent less material, which is where we save the weight, without compromising the wheel strength. This procedure is then followed by CNC lathe turning to get the rough shape and get a wheel with a weight of about 20kg's. Next step is the precision 5-axis CNC machining get the wheel in to a final shape and remove all the unnecessary weight. For ultimate weight reduction, we hollow the spokes to save the weight, while not compromising the wheel's strength. After that, the wheels are checked for roundness and balanced to -/+ 20g. Next step is hand deburring of CNC hard to reach sharp edges, followed by preparation of the wheels for the final step - powder coating in RAL color of your choice.
According to CAD FEA simulation we have max a wheel load rating of about 620kg, before excessively fatiguing the wheel. Long analyze in short. These wheels are designed to withstand more than 2G of lateral forces on 4C. However, even though a forged wheel is considerably stronger than cast or flow formed wheel, it is still a wearable item. Wheels don’t last forever. Wheels are designed with a triangle concept: weight, strength and longevity. A wheel can be made strong and heavy to last forever, or it can be made light and less strong, that will last less. You have to consider that trade off for any brand and any type wheel. Wheels are fatigued items, it doesn’t matter if a wheel is cast, flow formed or forged, in racing they will all fail eventually. Keep inspecting your wheels, look at the back of the wheel, especially near the hub and the spokes attaching to the barrel for hairline cracks. In case of any irregularities, replace the wheels immediately.
Standard size wheels will be delivered in 60 days upon placing an order and receiving a full payment. Wheels in custom sizing will be delivered in 90 days upon placing an order and receiving a full payment .
- Superlight wheels (17x7.5 ET28 @ 6.9kg and 18x9.0 ET35 @ 7.4kg)
- PCD 5 x 98mm
- 620 kg wheel load rating (capable to withstand over 2G of lateral forces)
- Reduced unsprung weight.
- Increased brake cooling.
- T6-6061 fully forged monoblock design.
- 5-Axis CNC machined hollwoed spokes.
- CNC billet aluminum center caps optional.
- Custom colors optional.
- Custom sizing optional.
- Sold as a set (4x wheels).
- Fits all Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe and Spider models.
Important Information (Please read thoroughly):
- Superlight component with limited lifespan.
- Wheels are fatigued items, it doesn’t matter if a wheel is cast, flow formed or forged, in racing they will all fail eventually.
- Keep inspecting your wheels, look at the back of the wheel, especially near the hub and the spokes attaching to the barrel for hairline cracks. In case of any irregularities, replace the wheels immediately.
- Recommended tire size is 215/45/17 (for 17x7.5) and 245/40/18 (for 18x9.0)
- Raw / unpainted option is not recommended for harsh weather conditions
- Oversized shipping. Once shipped, approximately 5 days in transit. Shipping will be adjusted after order is placed.
- Standard size wheels will be delivered in 60 days upon placing an order and receiving a full payment. Wheels in custom sizing will be delivered in 90 days upon placing an order and receiving a full payment.
Return Policy: Due to technical nature of the GMS products, to prevent reverse engineering, the returns are not accepted under any circumstance, therefore we encourage the customers to carefully review the order before making the purchase or contact us in case of any questions.
- Motorsport rated, capable of race use.
- No warranty.
- Use at your own risk.
- Due to the nature of our products (lightweight, high end racing components used in extreme conditions) limited lifespan is to be expected.
- We strive for best customer support and satisfaction so in case of any issues we'll take care of you at our best effort.